Updated: Jun 22, 2020
Super indulgent with moist almonds, and heady flavours of rose and cardamom this is really a taste of the east after dinner cake.
It’s beautiful served with a good dollop of cinnamon cream.
This is really simple to make and uses ground almonds so keeps moist and gooey for days, it contains no flour so it’s gluten free too.
150g caster sugar
6 eggs separated
200g 70% solids dark chocolate
250g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
100ml olive oil
10 small cardamom pods
2 large shots rose water
Cocoa to dredge
Crystallised rose petals and chopped pistachios for decoration.
Preheat oven to 175c
Line and grease a 22cm loose bottom tin.
1.Place a bowl over simmering water and melt the chocolate, mix in the oil and set aside to cool slightly.
2.Whisk whites to soft peaks and add sugar gradually until you get a meringue like texture.
3.Whisk egg yolks and whisk in rose water, add ground almonds and baking powder, fold through.
4.Grind cardamom seeds discarding green pod shells.
5. Add cardamom to chocolate, stir through.
6. Add chocolate to yolk and almond mixture and beat.
7. carefully and gradually add whites to chocolate almond mixture, combining well without knocking out the air.
8. Fill the tin and bake in your preheated oven at 175c for 45 minutes or until the centre is without a ‘wobble’
9. allow to cool, then use a strip of parchment to mask off the centre section then dredge with cocoa powder, fill the centre section with crystalized rose petals and chopped pistachios.
If you love my recipes hit subscribe for regular recipes, competitions and offers, You clearly have great taste so we'd love to have you as part of our lovely foodie community!
#instabaker #cakesofinstagram #middleeasterncooking #thebakefeed #bakefromscratch #cardamom #instayummy #bakingblog #feedfeedbaking #bakestagram #bakes #bakersgonnabake #f52gram #chocolatelover #chocaholic #darkchocolate