Updated: May 10, 2020
Such a simple bake with heady flavours of cardamon and fresh orange zest, this will literally take you 20 minutes to do.....and 3 seconds to devour!
Perfect with a cup of fresh mint tea.
Makes approx. 20
Preheat oven to 190c
keep well for 1 week in an airtight container.
130g butter (soft)
180g plain flour.
1 tsp cardamon seeds finely ground.
zest of 1 large orange.
1. Add Cardamon seeds to a pestle and mortar and grind to release oils.
2. zest one large orange taking care not to include the bitter white pith.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar, then add flour, orange zest and cardamom and bring together with a knife.
3. Form the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for 10 mins to relax and firm up a bit..
4. Roll out between greaseproof paper to about 1cm thickness
5. Cut out rounds approx. 20. keep regrouping the rough and re-rolling to make more.
6. Lay the biscuits on greaseproof paper on a baking tray. (you’ll need a flat offset spatula or a fish slice, they are quite delicate)
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins they should be pale with slight colouring on the edges.
8. Remove from the oven 190c but leave 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
9. Enjoy with a cuppa!